Saturday, February 1, 2014

Here we go!

So this year, I have resolved to try out new things....To push myself OUT of my comfort zone....To pretty much scare the crap out of myself because why the heck not??

Now this can mean many things to different people.  For me, it's both very small things like actually walking into a "real" gym.....or big things like taking an aerial silks class and not dying or ending up as an SNL skit.

No this is not me....but seriously could it be one day??

 But....we'll get to that little gem later.

It kind of feels like when I was 13 and had never been on a rollercoaster before, but I went on the Texas Giant (not the sissy new one....the original one that creaked like an 80 year old and ensured your future chiropractor they'll have a beach home in Malibu) during a school field trip JUST because there was a certain dark-haired boy with a cute smile that asked me to go on it with him.

I'll be 33 this year, hear that??  Thirty-FREAKING-Three.  It's due time that I start really living.

So, part of this new adventure is starting a blog because, clearly, those who know me KNOW I talk a lot. Much to their peril at times.  Whatevs.  I apparently just have a lot to say.

I'm on a new journey.  One to love me again.  One to experience things I never would have had the guts to do before.  And, surely, there HAS to be other people out there like me, right?

It's therapeutic for me to share my stories.  (Cuz, I'm not rich enough yet to be able to afford an actual therapist) And it makes me all googly inside when I hear that something I shared touched someone.  Even if it just gave them a laugh.  I'm totally ok with being laughed at BTW.....I do some funny shiz.  Most of the time, however, not on purpose.

My life is a comedy of errors.....but it is so incredibly blessed.....and I can't wait to see what it has in store for me.

Thank you (yes, YOU!) for your support along the way.....

XOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great! You are absolutely hilarious, and I can't wait to read more. Yay for doing things outside of your comfort zone. I think it's time I start doing the same. -Scott